Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I am a nerd!

Hey guys,

First I like to point out that I do not deal with Asian Americans. I do not get along with them. The people I deal with are Asian that come from Asia who in my opp ion are trying to be American which pisses me off. Gay Asians.

My real close friends are CK, CL, TV, and they are real Asian who agree with me. And do not act Americanized at all. My bff on the other hand is a lot more Americanized than b4. Many of the readers from my old blog know I used to fight all the time with my bff. But after last years Intercultural communication class I learn that we were having problems because of cultural differences.

In high school I knew a lot of Asian from all over but I didnt get along with the viets because of their attuide. But I always got along with the other Koreans and Chinese. In time I could probably get along with them but if it takes years like me and my bff than no thank you. My bff gets along with the viets but I never have. culturally they do share some common attitude towards things. Yes all culture have differences but there are similarities.

A lot of you do not know me but I am nerd a geek a book worm, not just that, I have traveled. I have been to many states in the US and many countries in Asia(except Indonesia, and Burma).

When I am came to America all I had was Asian friends from everywhere. I have gone to their homes learn about their culture got books on every culture. My mom has a wedding company that helps Asian couples from all over Asia. I help her with the couples all the time. There is a lot of traditional stuff that needs to be done.

I am a Global studies major and my area is Asia(just bc its say global doesn't really mean I study all countries/ you have to have an regional area of emphasis). So I have taken lots of class and read books on the side about many Asian cultures, for my research papers.

I have also study many other class never just one subject history, politics, myths, psychology, anthropology, science because I feel they all come together.

I just want to say that if I am stereotyping so what. If you taken an intercultural communication class you will learn that you need some stereotypes, it is what keeps you sane and in control of your personality and individuality. Most of you think you do not stereotype but you do. Our class took a test where to see if you stereotype, and a lot who said they were not this or that they were surprised to see that they do have some stereotyping thinking.

Also that yes these are from my experiences and if your not that type of person than you should probably talk to me and show me that their are good people.I know there are some good people of every race and bad people of every race. But remember I look at the majority. I appreciate the minority, but I never seem to have that minority in my life so how can I be positive when there is none to be positive about.

One commenter said something interesting. I think he forgets that China is very big and that their is a difference between northern and southern china. Southern China and Vietnam do have a lot in common but China is still more old fashion than Vietnam. That's what I got from visiting Vietnam after being in china for 2 weeks. The one things that all Asians have in common is Family ties and the way family is done. But Vietnam is not that Confucius sorry man. But its the thurth if your still reading I can give the readings I had to read for school.

Korea and Japan are more Confucius than China. China has change a lot in the recent years. They do have someone what of a Confucius like society but to me probably closer to Lao Zi Chinese thought than than of Confuses thought.

Before someone say something like your reading things that American wrote. HEll 2 the NO. If I have to read something an American wrote I usually have to defend that country in class. When we were on Vietnam in Asian politics it was from some stupid white guy and he was wrong. I read lot of stuff online from people of that country. Just like when it comes to food if someone else cooks it and its not their orgins food I will not eat it. A Japanese making Italian food hell no.

No comments: